An American woman regrets getting a tattoo after a vacation in Thailand. This tattoo has become a scar that she never forgot throughout her life.
During a holiday in Thailand with her husband, Amanda Drish-Adolf, 30, decided to have a half-sleeve mandala style henna tattoo down her left arm, extending from the top of his shoulders to his elbows.
The tattoo ending up releasing a ‘clear liquid’ and caused ‘grapefruit-size’ swelling.
She was initially very pleased with how the tattoo turned out. However, several days later she developed a massive burn on her arm which resulted in numerous blisters. Amanda required hospital treatment.
Amanda was left with a 13-inch by five-inch chemical burn which staff treated by popping the blisters and scrubbing off the fluid-filled bumps, leaving her in ‘awful pain.’
She was startled to find an extremely large bump with hardcore in the middle. Doctors wash the tattoo with saltwater and antibiotics.
She has said: “I was letting my arm air on Tuesday evening, I looked down and on the underside of my elbow there was a grapefruit-sized swelling.
“It was massive and it had a hardcore in the middle. Once we saw that specific localized swelling we knew we had to go to the emergency room.”
The accident caused the Amada couple’s travel completely diverted. The Amanda couple were forced to cancel plans for climbing, swimming, diving, and kayaking and instead they just sat on the beach or in a hotel room watching Netflix.